Helping You Get the Most from Your Coverage
At Dental Smilemakers, we accept most major dental plans. If your dental insurance is not listed below, feel free to call our office to find out if we accept your plan. Our friendly staff is always happy to file your claims, answer questions, and find ways to maximize your benefits. To help us help you better, bring your insurance card with you to every appointment, and let us know as soon as possible if you have any changes in your coverage. Keeping your information updated ensures that claims are less likely to be delayed or denied.
Dental Insurance Plans We Accept
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield: We are an in-network provider for Blue Cross and Blue Shield’s traditional plan. Blue Cross and Blue Shield provides nationwide and worldwide dental coverage, giving you peace of mind that you can always obtain affordable dental care, even when traveling.
- Delta Dental: We are a premier provider for Delta Dental, which offers affordable, quality insurance accepted by a wide network of dentists. Exceptional features of Delta Dental include no deductibles, no maximums, and fixed copayments so that you and your loved ones can easily obtain the dental care you need.
Major Dental Plans We Accept as an Out-of-Network Provider
- Aetna: Aetna is a nationwide provider of dental insurance, offering several basic plans to cover the costs of checkups, cleanings, and other procedures. Plans include a Dental Maintenance Organization (DMO) and Dental Indemnity.
- Aflac: Aflac covers the cost of basic dental care without the hassle of network requirements, precertification, or deductibles. Basing their benefits on the American Dental Association (ADA) code for wellness care and treatments, Aflac allows policyholders to choose any dentist they want.
- Anthem Blue Cross: Anthem Blue Cross offers an HMO plan that covers basic dental care, including checkups and cleanings. Some plans even offer discounts on cosmetic dentistry and other treatments that are not typically covered by dental insurance.
- Cigna: With an array of dental plans, including CIGNA Dental Care (DHMO) and CIGNA Traditional, Cigna gives you choices to meet your unique dental needs. Covered services include preventive care, basic restorative work, and some major treatments.
- Humana Dental: The second largest dental carrier in the US, HumanaDental supports a network of over 130,000 providers. Members benefit not only from quality coverage of basic dental services but also from negotiated discounts on major services.
- MetLife: MetLife offers a variety of cost-effective plans, including managed dental and indemnity plans to cover both basic and restorative dental services.
Additional Dental Insurance We Accept as an Out-of-Network Provider
Our Discount for Payment in Full
At Dental Smilemakers, we are happy to reward our patients for prompt payment of the amount not covered by insurance. When paying by check or cash only, a 3% discount will be given off of the patient’s responsible amount if paid in full at the time of service.
Do You Have Questions About Your Insurance?
If you have more questions about dental insurance, then call Dental Smilemakers at 816-436-8949. Located in Kansas City, MO, we serve the residents of Gladstone, Smithville, Tiffany Springs, Parkville, Liberty, and all surrounding Northland communities. We also service the North Kansas City, Parkhill, Smithville, Platte City, and Liberty school districts.